Monday, February 1, 2010

Why My Job is a Love/Hate Relationship

Ok so I must admit that while my job does cause me to travel a good bit and can be quite stressful - there are a great many things about it that I LOVE!

For instance today! I get to work from home today! I have 5 properties along the East Coast trying to climb out of snow and ice and update info in their computer systems so that I can process a region wide report that is due at 10:00 am. Our systems went down at 8:30 am. BLAH! So now everyone is scrambling, report deadlines have to be postponed and drama ensues.

I scheduled myself to work out at 7:30 am. That didn't happen because of various things keeping me tied to my computer. BUT after the system came up I was able to jump on my treadmill at 9:30 am! How could I do that with any other job?

So today I ran 3.55 miles in 40 minutes which equals a mile every 11:17 minutes. That seems to be my pace. I need to pick it up! I also did bicep curls, overhead press and hammer curls with 10lb weights. Tricep Extensions, chest flyes and tricep overhead extensions with 8lb weights. 2 sets of 15 reps of all. 200 crunches were included and 3 sets of 25 push ups. I ran 57.4 miles in January. I'm shooting for 50 miles in February - it's a short month! :)

I found a new way to do my tricep overhead extension and I could really feel a difference. I had to slow it down though.

Now off to grab a bite to eat and get back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for swinging by my blog:)

    I used to have an 11-12 min pace myself but saw BIG speed improvments when I added 15-20 min of sprint intervals a couple times a week.

    Habve a great week!

    B

    ReplyDelete