Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Listened to My Body and it Said WTH???

Well yesterday I ran my personal best time and today I put my feet on the ground and OUCH! My lower legs were soooo sore. They felt abused. Not the soreness you get from a big work out but the kind of sore that comes from them slamming into the ground over and over again to do that thing I call running.

So I ate a good breakfast of an egg over medium and slice of whole wheat toast then decided to rest for a while. I wasn't going to run today anyway just walk and do weights. As the day wore on my resolve DISsolved and I gave in. A rest day is not out of the question, especially since I've worked out pretty hard all week, BUT I know tomorrow is a rest day too - THAT'S the problem.

Tomorrow we have a 3 hour drive to have lunch with family, visit some then my daughter competes in a gymnastics meet. By the time it is over we'll be lucky if we get home by 1:00 am. YUCK! Monday is going to stink! But she loves this meet and we get to roll in some family time too so it's worth it.

So I think taking today as a rest day was the right decision. It does no good to push to the point of injury and undo all this good work I've done to my body. I'm so proud of the shape I'm in and I'm a little addicted to working out so I just have to get over the guilt and push it good on Monday. See you then!

2 comments:

  1. Its good you listen to your body. I love working out. I find I'm in the most foul mood when I can't exercise. Just wanted to let you know that you're the winner of my giveaway (paulawannacracker.blogspot.com). Send me your contact info and I'll send your artcards to you right away.

    My grandson picked #15 and since it landed on my name, we chose the next name down and it was you. Thanks again for entering and becoming a follower. I need all the support... scratch that... we need all the support we can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is great that you listen to your body i started after my third child in the binging it was really hard but god helped me to make it regular exercise and almost reach my point congrats for wining ,have a blessed life

    ReplyDelete