Friday, February 5, 2010

I Escaped and ate a Grown Up PBandJ!

I made it out of Maryland last night. I didn't get home until LATE and I was exhausted so no post yesterday. The airport was packed yesterday afternoon - everyone was trying to get out before the "blizzard". It's hitting now. Glad I'm back in SC where it is yucky but not frozen.




So on the plane yesterday I was reading Runner's World magazine. It suggested whole wheat toast and jelly for a quick breakfast before a morning run. The jelly gives you that much needed immediate energy rush when you haven't eaten since dinner the night before. So this morning I had 1 piece of toast, my Maranatha Raw Organic Almond Butter, and 1/2 tsp of Smuckers Strawberry fruit spread. I ran my fastest time ever! 3.68 miles in 40 minutes which is 1 mile every 10:53 minutes. (Ok I didn't say it was THE fastest time ever, just MINE!) I did 200 crunches and stretched. I also had a protein drink afterwards to reward my muscles.




Update on the alegebra front: My daughter made a 100 on a quiz!!! This is not a full test but still, we've never seen a 100 in Algebra. She's also opening up to the idea of moving to the Advanced class. I'm glad because I still think this is going to be the best thing for her but we'll see.

So I am extremely happy it is Friday! I won't even tell you what we are having for dinner because it is so bad you just won't be able to see me as a "healthy" person - LOL!! But tomorrow I am hoping for a 3 mile WALK, upper and lower body work out, and some nice down time. Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. PB and J is my alltime fav sammy...I can power down like 3 of them. Whoopsie!

    ReplyDelete